Thursday, January 4, 2007

Today is better than yesterday

Today I experienced what people say as “tomorrow should be better than today”, which I have my day today better than yesterday.

Actually I started the day in a not-very-good mood because of my hormonal reason, plus what happened yesterday (read my last posting about that stupid membership thing) that keep bothering me and make me couldn’t sleep well. I don’t know which one comes first, was it the hormones or the silly thing, or they came up together, whatever.

That’s why I was a little bit lazy today, but me and Mom already have a lot of plans to do today like visiting my aunt at the other side of Jakarta – oooh, so far! – , my uncle at the hospital, and to my father’s grave – I haven’t go there since…oh no, I even forget – the place even farer! Oh..

So the first thing, just to make my day a bit brighter, we went to the mall (teuteup yaa! Shopping is one of the best ways to lighten your day). In the middle of the fun activities, my cellphone rang. I didn’t recognize the number, but I was afraid that’s a call from a company who wants to interview me, so I answered. It was my cousin, asked me whether I could come to his office to be interviewed (last month I apply my resume to his office because he said that his friend decided to resign). I asked him when, and the answer is: TODAY! At 2 pm! Panic, I looked at my watch and it was 12 am!

Segeralah gue mengambil langkah seribu, sambil setengah nyeret nyokap, dan di otak sibuk mikir mau baju apa (first impression must be perfect, right??) karena gue samasekali ga punya baju untuk interview! All my interview-clothes were in Bandung! Thank God I brought my pants, I have a proper-enough-hem which I bought a few days ago, and last week my sister borrowed my boots, so I was save, right?

The interview went well, and then they asked me to do three articles as a test. First I should translate the first article from bahasa to English, and then I should summary the second article from bahasa to English, the last was summarizing the third article from bahasa to bahasa. I have to finish those in an hour. And I finished all in one hour minus three minutes. Hmm :)

They will contact me within two weeks. I hope for the best and optimistic, but the most important thing was I got experience by being interviewed.

The next good thing came in the afternoon. The travel which offered me a stupid membership called, she said that it’s been cancelled, but I have to pay the cancellation fee, 10%. She wants me to transfer the amount and had it faxed before ten. Oh, okay, ya sudahlah, yang penting udah dibatalkan. But I still have to check it to the bank, has the travel cancel my bill? Okay, things for tomorrow leave it for tomorrow.

And my day today was very well..

No comments: